Stuffed Cha-Cha Crab Chilies
- 12 tomatillos, husked and rinsed
- 1 small onion, quartered and peeled
- 6 medium cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon chipotle hot sauce
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 6 large poblanos
- 4 ounces smooth, mild goat cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 12 ounces cooked crabmeat, picked through for shells and cartilage
For the sauce: Place tomatillos, onions, and garlic in a large heavy skillet. Heat over medium-high heat, turning often, until charred all over but still firm, about 5 minutes. Transfer mixture to a food processor and add cumin, cayenne, hot sauce, cilantro, lime juice and salt. Process to a coarse puree. Return mixture to skillet and keep warm while preparing the stuffed chilies.
For the chilies: Place poblanos on a baking sheet and broil, turning a few times until all sides are charred. Place in a paper bag and seal. Let steam about 10 minutes to loosen the skin.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the goat cheese, Monterey Jack and crabmeat. Set aside.
Peel poblanos, then cut a slit lengthwise down 1 side only, and carefully remove seeds. Stuff each with cheese mixture and place them cut side up on a baking sheet, gently pressing to seal. Broil until cheese is melted and poblanos are heated through, about 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to serving plates and spoon sauce around the stuffed chilies.
Home Cook Recipe: A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchen have not tested this recipe and therefore cannot make representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy Margee Berry, White Salmon, WA, 2nd Place