Stuffed Cha-Cha Crab Chilies
- 12 tomatillos, husked and rinsed
- 1 small onion, quartered and peeled
- 6 medium cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon chipotle hot sauce
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 6 large poblanos
- 4 ounces smooth, mild goat cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 12 ounces cooked crabmeat, picked through for shells and cartilage
For the sauce: Place tomatillos, onions, and garlic in a large heavy skillet. Heat over medium-high heat, turning often, until charred all over but still firm, about 5 minutes. Transfer mixture to a food processor and add cumin, cayenne, hot sauce, cilantro, lime juice and salt. Process to a coarse puree. Return mixture to skillet and keep warm while preparing the stuffed chilies.
For the chilies: Place poblanos on a baking sheet and broil, turning a few times until all sides are charred. Place in a paper bag and seal. Let steam about 10 minutes to loosen the skin.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the goat cheese, Monterey Jack and crabmeat. Set aside.
Peel poblanos, then cut a slit lengthwise down 1 side only, and carefully remove seeds. Stuff each with cheese mixture and place them cut side up on a baking sheet, gently pressing to seal. Broil until cheese is melted and poblanos are heated through, about 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to serving plates and spoon sauce around the stuffed chilies.
Home Cook Recipe: A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchen have not tested this recipe and therefore cannot make representation as to the results.