Stuffed Leg of Lamb
- 6 pound boned leg of lamb
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3/4 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Locatelli (Pecorino Romano)
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley leaves
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Pat dry the lamb and season it with salt and pepper.
Spread the bread-crumb mixture on the cut side of the lamb, roll to enclose, and tie with string.
Arrange the lamb on a rack in a baking pan, add about 1-inch of water to the pan, and roast for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, or until the meat is medium rare. Let it stand for 10 minutes before carving.
Recipe courtesy of Italianamerican Cookbook
Recipe courtesy of Vic "Vegas" Moea