Stuffed Veggie Burger Peppers
- Fresh, whole bell peppers, as many varieties as possible!!!
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed or minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground marjoram
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound. mushrooms (any variety) washed and chopped
- 1 cup cooked barley
- 1 cup cooked rolled oats
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds, toasted
- 1/2 cup pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup sesame paste
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup peanut oil, for frying (optional)
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese to taste
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a saucepan, combine the celery, garlic, garlic powder, onion, Italian seasoning, and marjoram, and saute in the olive oil. Add the mushrooms, and cook until the liquid evaporates. In a mixing bowl, combine the barley, oats, sunflower seeds, pecans, sesame paste, and soy sauce with the saute mixture. Mix all of the ingredients thoroughly, and stuff into cleaned and seeded bell peppers. Bake 30 to 40 minutes until done. Top with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.