- 1/4 pound sliced bacon
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 ears corn, kernels cut off and cobs discarded
- 1 large fresh jalapeno chile, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen baby lima beans, thawed
- 1/2 pound okra, cut into 1/3-inch-thick slices
- 3/4 pound cherry tomatoes (1 pint), halved
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Cook bacon in a large skillet over moderate heat until crisp. Drain on paper towels, leaving fat in skillet.
Add onion to skillet and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until softened. Add garlic and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Stir in corn, jalapeno, lima beans, okra, and tomatoes and cook, stirring, until vegetables are tender, about 7 minutes. Stir in vinegar, basil, salt, and pepper, and adjust seasonings, to taste. Serve succotash with bacon crumbled over the top.
Recipe courtesy Gourmet Magazine
Recipe courtesy of Ellie Krieger