- 1 (12-inch round) focaccia loaf
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon juice of marinated artichokes
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced smoked turkey
- 2 roasted red peppers, recipe follows
- 1/4 pound provolone, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded fresh spinach
- Balsamic vinaigrette
Slice the foccachia bread in half horizontally. Mix together mayonnaise, garlic, and artichoke juice. Spread this mixture on the bread. Layer the remaining ingredients on half of the bread. Sprinkle with balsamic vinaigrette. Top with second piece of bread. Wrap in plastic wrap and then foil. Refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight. Slice into wedges and serve. Other cold cuts and cheeses can be used.
Roasted Red Peppers:
Cut peppers in half and clean out seeds. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with kosher salt. Grill on low-medium heat for 20 minutes. Peel off blackened skin.