- 1 cup canola oil plus 1/4 cup
- 10 pounds slipper lobster tails, large dice
- 15 ripe plums, large dice
- 3/4 cup finely diced jalapeno
- 1 cup medium diced red pepper
- 1/4 cup minced garlic
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce plus 1 cup
- 15 limes, zested and juiced
- 1 cup toasted sesame oil
- 75 sprigs fresh cilantro, leaves chopped
- 150 leaves Belgium endive
- 2 pounds watercress
In 2 large heavy saute pans heat 2 tablespoons canola oil to almost smoking. To each pan, add half the lobster and plums, toss to evenly caramelize. Add half jalapenos, diced red pepper and garlic. Toss to aroma. Remove from heat and deglaze each pan with 1/4 cup low-sodium soy. Meanwhile, in a large stainless steel mixing bowl combine the zest of 15 limes, juice of 15 limes, 1 cup toasted sesame oil, 1 cup canola oil, 1 cup chopped cilantro. Add lobster and plum mixture and cool. To assemble: Pack 2 Belgium endive leaves with 1-ounce watercress leaves and 2 ounces lobster mixture. Garnish with a sprig of cilantro.
A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.