Summer Bean Salad with Tarragon Vinaigrette
- 1/2 pound Romano or green beans, cut into 1-inch lengths, blanched until tender and chilled
- 1/2 pound Yellow wax beans, prepared as above for green beans
- 1/2 pound fresh soybeans, blanched and chilled
- 2 pounds fresh fava beans, shelled and cooked until tender
- 1 can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 bunches green onion, cleaned and finely minced
- 1 large red onion, peeled and finely diced
- 4 stalks celery, finely diced
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 bottle dry white wine ( Chardonnay, etc.)
- Stems of 1 bunch tarragon (save leaves for the salad)
- 3 shallots, peeled and finely minced
- 2 lemons, zested and juiced, finely chop the zest and set the juice aside
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar (unseasoned)
- 1 to 1/2 cups pure olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Combine the first 10 ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Set aside while you make the vinaigrette using the remaining ingredients.
Place the wine in a saucepan with the tarragon stems and reduce over medium-high heat to 1-cup liquid. Immediately pour the hot, reduced wine over the chopped shallots and lemon zest in a medium-sized bowl. Let sit together and cool to room temperature (or place in refrigerator to speed up process). Remove the tarragon stems and discard. Whisk in the lemon juice and rice vinegar. Continue whisking, drizzling in the olive oil, tasting as you go. Season with salt and pepper as needed, and add a bit more lemon juice or rice vinegar if more acidity is desired.
Combine the vinaigrette with the beans and vegetables and tarragon and taste again for seasonin
Thank you! your flag was submitted.