Baked Lemon Sole with Sauteed Swiss Chard
- For bread crumb mixture:
- 4 slices fresh white bread, crusts discarded and bread quartered
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup walnut halves
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- For Sole:
- 4 lemon sole fillets, rinsed and patted dry
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter, plus extra for casserole
- 1/4 cup lemon juice 3 tablespoons capers 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 bunches Swiss chard, leaves removed and chopped
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Season fish with salt and pepper. Place 4 fillets in a single layer on a buttered 9 by 12-inch casserole. In a small saucepan melt 4 tablespoons of butter and add the lemon juice and capers. Pour butter mixture over fish, and sprinkle tops with bread crumb mixture. Bake uncovered for 15 to 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, add the olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Infuse the oil with minced garlic, then add the Swiss chard and saute until wilted, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve hot with the sole.
Recipe courtesy of Sunny Anderson, 2008