Blueberry Peach Cobbler
- 1 prepared pie crust sheet
- 2 (1 pound) bags frozen peaches, slightly thawed and coarsely chopped
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold and cut into cubes
- 1 egg mixed with 1 tablespoon water, for egg wash
- Sugar cubes, crushed for dusting
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Roll pastry to fit a 2-quart oval baking dish. In a large bowl, combine peaches and blueberries. Mix in flour, sugar, nutmeg, vanilla and butter cubes. Pour into the baking dish and cover with pastry. Using a fork, cut off excess dough and create a decorative edge by pressing tines along edge of pan and pushing down. With a paring knife, cut 3 slices on top of the pastry to vent. Brush on egg wash and dust with sugar. Bake until golden brown on top and edges are bubbling, about 45 to 50 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of Sunny Anderson