Brandied Curry Chicken with Grapes
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 skinless chicken legs and 2 skinless chicken breasts, cut in 1/2
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 rounded tablespoon curry powder
- 3 tablespoons brandy
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 2 1/2 cups seedless green grapes
- 5 ounces egg noodles
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill leaves
In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper and sear on both sides until golden. Remove from pan. In the same pan, add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil, if needed, and saute shallots, garlic and curry. Deglaze with brandy, scraping up brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Add chicken back to pan and stir in heavy cream. Cover and bring to a simmer for 15 minutes. Add the grapes and noodles, return to a simmer, cover and cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until chicken juices run clear when poked with a fork. Stir in mustard and dill. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.