Red, White and Blue Mashed Potatoes
- 2 pounds red new potatoes, quartered
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 5 to 6 strips bacon
- 1/4 pound Gorgonzola cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup heavy cream, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon butter, room temperature
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe
Add potatoes and garlic to a medium pot and fill with enough cold water to cover the potatoes by an inch. Season with salt and bring water to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook until potatoes are soft, about 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, fry bacon in a skillet until crisp. Set aside on a paper towel to drain. Roughly chop and reserve.
Recipe courtesy of Sunny Anderson