Ricotta Ravioli with Spinach Pesto
- 2 cups fresh ricotta
- 1 cup toasted hazelnuts, chopped, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) package wonton wrappers
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 4 cups spinach, loosely packed
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Special equipment: Food processor
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
In a small bowl, mix together ricotta, 1/4 cup hazelnuts, nutmeg, lemon zest, and salt and pepper to taste. Lay several wonton wrappers on a work surface. Scoop a generous tablespoon of the ricotta filling into the center of each wrapper, and brush outside edges with egg white. Lay another wonton wrapper on top of each, and press firmly with fingertips to press out air and seal ravioli. Transfer ravioli to a parchment-lined baking sheet. Repeat with remaining wonton wrappers and filling, making 18 to 20 ravioli total. Cover baking sheet with a damp paper towel and transfer to refrigerator to set up, about 30 minutes.
To make the spinach pesto:
Fill a large pot with water, salt liberally, and bring to a boil. Cook ravioli in three batches, until they are cooked and float to the top, about 2 to 3 minutes. Strain and transfer to serving bowls with a dollop of spinach pesto.
Recipe courtesy of Sunny Anderson, 2009