Roasted Squash Toss
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons red chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (2 pound) butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 (1 1/2 pound) acorn squash, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup almond slivers
- 1/2 orange, zested and juiced (about 1/3 cup juice and 1 tablespoon zest)
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. In a large bowl, mix together garlic, olive oil, sugar, cumin, chili flakes and cinnamon. Add squash cubes and toss well to evenly coat. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Place on two sheet pans and bake until nicely caramelized and soft when poked with a fork, stirring squash halfway through baking, about 25 to 30 minutes. While baking, place almonds in a dry skillet over medium-high heat and toast, stirring often, until lightly golden, about 4 minutes. Transfer squash and almonds to a serving bowl, toss with orange juice and zest, and serve.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Roasted Butternut Squash Soup with Amaretti Cookies, Roasted Butternut Squash Salad With Tangerine-Rosemary Vinaigrette, Roasted Acorn Squash with Mushrooms, Peppers and Goat Cheese, Easy Breakfast, Easy Pasta, Easy Lunch, Brown Rice Recipes, Roasted Tomato Recipes, Easy Slow Cooking
Thank you! your flag was submitted.