Smoked Gouda-Chorizo Jalapeno Poppers
- 2 links Mexican chorizo, casings removed
- 1/2 pound smoked gouda, shredded
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onions
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (recommended: Frank's Red Hot)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 12 large jalapeno peppers, stemmed, seeded and halved
Special Equipment: parchment paper
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Brown chorizo in a skillet over medium-high heat, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and place into a large mixing bowl. Add the cheese, red onion, egg, cream cheese, sour cream, hot sauce, and salt and pepper, to taste. Press into jalapeno halves and assemble on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake until golden and bubbly, about 20 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of Sunny Anderson