Sop-tastic Garlic Bread
- 2 mini baguettes, sliced lengthwise
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 6 cloves garlic, mashed into paste with some salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup grated aged Asiago cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley leaves
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Arrange the sliced baguettes on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. In a small bowl, mix together the butter, garlic, onion powder and salt, to taste. Spread the garlic butter evenly on the inside of the bread. Bake until edges are golden, about 10 minutes. Remove from oven, sprinkle with cheese and parsley, then return to oven for another 3 minutes. Slice into a small pieces and serve warm.
Recipe courtesy of Sunny Anderson, 2009