Spring Goddess Salad
- For the salad:
- 1/2 red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 2 hearts romaine, chopped
- For the dressing:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 English cucumber, including peel, sliced
- 1 anchovy fillet, rinsed, patted dry, and roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a large bowl combine onion slices and romaine. Set aside.
In a food processor, combine all the dressing ingredients and puree until smooth. Adjust seasoning, to taste. Pour half of the dressing over salad and toss. Refrigerate remaining dressing.
Recipe courtesy of Sunny Anderson, 2008