Sunny's Fire Cracker Cole Slaw
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce, plus more as needed
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 2 cups carrots, shredded
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 2 Granny Smith apples, cored and shredded
- 2 Bosc pears, cored and shredded
- 1 head red cabbage, shredded or sliced thin
- 1 head Savoy cabbage, shredded or sliced thin
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a large bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, sour cream, apple cider vinegar, adobo sauce and chipotle pepper. Taste, season with salt and pepper and, if needed, add a bit more adobo sauce to make it spicy to your taste. Add the carrots, dried cranberries, raisins, apples, pears and cabbages and then toss to combine. Taste and season with a pinch of salt and a grind or 2 of pepper. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.