Wild-Style Grains N' Thangs
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup fine-grained bulgur wheat
- 1/2 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup chopped mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a medium saucepan, bring broth to a boil over high heat. Remove from heat, add bulgur and lemon zest, cover, and let sit for 5 to 7 minutes, until bulgur has absorbed all the water. Transfer to a serving bowl, mix in almonds, mint, red pepper, lemon juice and salt and pepper, to taste. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.