- 2 pounds red potatoes (or your preferred)
- Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil, take or give
- 1 pound pearl onions*, peeled and halved (frozen is fine, thaw before slicing & roasting)
- 1 packet Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix
- *Substitute 1 cup roughly chopped sweet onion if no pearl onions are available.
1. Boil and sliced potatoes. In a large pot over high heat, add the potatoes and cover with water by 1-inch. Bring to a boil over medium heat, then add a pinch of salt, reduce the heat and simmer until slightly tender, but not easily poked by a fork, about 10 minutes. Drain the potatoes and pour put them onto a baking sheet to cool completely. Once cool, cut them in half or smaller for bite-sized pieces.
2. Saute potatoes and onions. In a large pan on medium-high heat add the olive oil, it should cover the bottom with an 1/8 of an inch of oil, if too much don't use all the oil, if not enough, add more. When the oil begins to swirl, add the potatoes, onions and Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix, tossing to combine, then allowing to rest and cook. Once a crust forms on the bottom give the pan a toss or flip potatoes and onions with a spatula, then allow them to crisp on the other side, about 3 minutes. Remove to a serving bowl with a slotted spoon.