- 2 cups water
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 parsnip, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 celery stalks, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 large onion or 1 medium onion, quartered
- 1/4 stick (1 ounce) butter or margarine, or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 rutabaga, peeled and diced
- 1 turnip, peeled and diced
Put the water, parsnip, carrots, celery and onion in a stockpot and bring to a boil. Stir in the butter, salt and pepper, and lower the heat to medium. Cover and simmer for 40 minutes. Remove the pot from the heat and strain the stock through a sieve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.