Sweet and Sour Chicken
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons ground white pepper
- 1 egg white
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
- 2 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon orange marmalade
- 1 (8-ounce) jar baby corn, drained
- 1 (8-ounce) can sliced bamboo shoots, drained
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
Heat a large nonstick wok until blazing hot. Coat the bottom of the pan with the canola oil. Add the chicken to the pan and move continuously to prevent chicken from sticking together. Saute for about 1 1/2 minutes. Once the chicken is cooked, remove from the wok and keep warm.
Over high heat, add to the wok the soy sauce, tomato paste, sesame oil, honey, garlic, ginger, vinegar, and marmalade. Lower heat and simmer for approximately 30 seconds to thicken. Add the baby corn and bamboo shoots and warm through.
Once sauce is thick and warm, whisk in the pineapple.
To serve, arrange chicken strips on a platter and pour the sauce over the chicken.