Sweet Corn Succotash
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound scallops
- 4 ears corn, kernels cut from the cob
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1/4 cup sliced shallots
- 1 cup chanterelle mushrooms
- 1 cup blanched and peeled fava beans
- 1 cup diced, roasted carrots
- 1 cup grilled sweet corn kernels
- 2 1/2 cups sliced fresh chervil
- Salt and pepper
In a medium size skillet, heat up the olive oil on high heat and sear the scallops for approximately 2 minutes on each side. Set aside and keep warm.
Using a sharp knife cut the corn kernels off of the cob and put through a vegetable juicer. Place the corn juice into a small saucepot and bring to a simmer. Cook the corn sauce until it starts to thicken. Set aside and keep warm.
Heat the grapeseed oil in a large saute pan over medium high heat. Add the shallots and saute until they begin to soften, about 3 minutes. Add the mushrooms and saute for 4 minutes. Add the remaining vegetables and saute until heated through, about 3 minutes. Transfer the Sauteed vegetables into a medium-size mixing bowl and toss with the warmed sweet corn sauce and chervil. Season with salt and pepper.