- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple packed in juice, lightly drained
- 1/3 cup sweet Asian chile sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon reduced-sodium or lite soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper, or more to taste
- 1 pound raw, lean filet mignon or leanest cut available, cut into about 30 bite-size pieces
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- Cherry tomatoes, for serving, optional
- Special equipment: Crock pot
Place pineapple, chile sauce, soy sauce, and crushed red pepper in a crock pot. Mix well.
Cover and cook on high for 3 to 4 hours or on low for 7 to 8 hours.
Season with additional crushed red pepper, if desired and serve with tomatoes, if using. Serve with excess sauce and toothpicks. Yum!
Cook's Note: Alternatively, recipe can be baked in the oven, covered, at 325 degrees F for 3 to 4 hours.
PER SERVING (1/5th of recipe, about 6 "bites" with sauce): 196 calories, 4.5g fat, 313mg sodium, 18g carbs, 0.5g fiber, 15g sugars, 19.5g protein