Sweet Potato Hash
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/2 Spanish onion, sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 (12-ounce) can black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 small clove garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons diced jalapeno pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
In a large pot, place peeled and diced sweet potatoes and fill with enough cold water to cover. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer, and cook the potatoes until soft, about 15 to 20 minutes. Drain and cool potatoes. In a large bowl, combine the cooled potatoes, onion, red pepper, peas, garlic, jalapeno, cilantro, and thyme. Season with salt and pepper and serve cold.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.