Sweet Potato Latkes
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled and coarsely grated
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup plus 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Vegetable oil
Stir together potatoes, scallions, flour, eggs, salt, and pepper.
Heat a film of oil in a deep 12-inch non-stick skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking. Working in batches of 4, spoon 1/8 cup potato mixture per latke into the oil and flatten to 3-inch diameter with a slotted spatula. Reduce heat to moderate and cook until golden, about 1 1/2 minutes on each side. Transfer latkes with spatula to paper towels to drain.
Recipe courtesy of Gourmet Magazine