Sweet Potato Pudding
- 2 1/2 cups baked sweet potatoes pulp, scooped from the skin
- 1/2 cup packed light or dark brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup, preferably dark
- 1 tablespoon light or dark rum
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Praline topping, recipe follows
- Praline Topping:
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup chopped crystallized ginger
- 1/4 cup packed light or dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 1 1/2-quart baking dish.
With an electric mixer, beat together all the pudding ingredients until smooth and light. Pour the pudding into the baking dish. Transfer to the oven and bake for 25 minutes.
Sprinkle the praline mixture over the pudding and bake for an additional 20 to 25 minutes, until the pudding is set and slightly puffed. The top will sink as the pudding cools. Serve warm or at room temperature.Praline Topping:
In a small bowl, combine the ingredients and reserve to use as topping for the sweet potato pudding.
Home Cook Recipe: A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchen have not tested this recipe and therefore cannot make representation as to the results.