Sweet Potato Salad with Warm Bacon Dressing
- 6 slices bacon, medium dice
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 sweet potatoes, peeled, cooked and cut into 1-inch dice, kept warm
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 green onions, finely sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
Heat pan over high heat. Add bacon and cook until just crisp. Remove bacon to a towel-lined plate. Pour off all but 2 tablespoons of the fat. Add onions and garlic and cook until soft. Remove pan from heat, add vinegar, olive oil, sugar and reserved bacon. Place the potatoes in a large bowl, pour the dressing over and season with salt and pepper. Fold in the green onions and parsley. Serve at room temperature.
Recipe Copyright 1999 Bobby Flay. All Rights Reserved.
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen