Sweet Potato Salad with Warm Bacon Dressing
- 6 slices bacon, medium dice
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 sweet potatoes, peeled, cooked and cut into 1-inch dice, kept warm
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 green onions, finely sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
Heat pan over high heat. Add bacon and cook until just crisp. Remove bacon to a towel-lined plate. Pour off all but 2 tablespoons of the fat. Add onions and garlic and cook until soft. Remove pan from heat, add vinegar, olive oil, sugar and reserved bacon. Place the potatoes in a large bowl, pour the dressing over and season with salt and pepper. Fold in the green onions and parsley. Serve at room temperature.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.