- 1 pound ground beef chuck (80% lean)
- ½ cup plain dry bread crumbs
- ¼ cup sweet relish (Heinz®)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 28 bread and butter pickle slices
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
2. In a large bowl, combine the beef, crumbs, relish, egg, salt, and pepper. With a heaping tablespoon of the beef mixture, form into a ball and place on the baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining beef, spacing the meatballs ½ inch apart.