- 1/2 pound Gruyere, coarsely grated
- 1/2 pound Emmental, coarsely grated
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 garlic clove
- 2/3 cup dry white wine ( Chardonnay is fine)
- 4 tablespoons Kirsch (dry cherry brandy)
- Pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- Freshly ground pepper
- Dipping items of your choice, such as bread cubes or apples
Toss the 2 cheeses together with the cornstarch. Rub the inside of a heavy saucepan with the cut garlic clove. Add wine and 2 tablespoons kirsch and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the cheese mixture, stirring, until mixture is hot and smooth.Add remaining 2 tablespoons Kirsch if mixture is too thick. Season with nutmeg and pepper, to taste. Transfer to a fondue pot and serve immediately with dippers of choice.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.