Served hot and bubbly from the oven, this colorful and cheese-topped veggie casserole is good enough to steal the limelight from your favorite main dishes.
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup (Regular or 98% Fat Free)
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 bag (16 ounces) frozen vegetable combination (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots), thawed
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) French fried onions (1 1/3 cups)
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese (about 2 ounces)
Stir the soup, sour cream, black pepper, vegetables, 2/3 cup onions and 1/4 cup cheese in a 2-quart casserole. Cover the casserole.
Bake at 350 degrees F. for 40 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Stir the vegetable mixture. Top with the remaining onions and cheese.
Bake for 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Flavor Variation: If you like, you can stir 1 jar (about 4 ounces) chopped pimientos, drained, into the vegetable mixture before baking.