- 12 ounces swordfish, skin and dark meat removed
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 2 medium tomatoes, cored, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 cup tomato juice
- 1 1/2 jalapeno chiles, stemmed, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 bunch oregano, leaves only, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup small green olives
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 bay leaves
- 4 - 6 lettuce leaves for serving (optional)
Cut swordfish into 1/2-inch squares. In non-metallic container combine the fish and 1 cup lime juice. Let marinate for 30 minutes in refrigerator. Drain and discard lime juice. Transfer the fish to a mixing bowl. In bowl combine swordfish with 1 tablespoon lime juice and the remaining ingredients. Toss well and chill for at least an hour or as long as overnight. Remove bay leaves. Serve cold in chilled glasses or on lettuce lined plates.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.