- 1 medium sweet onion, finely diced
- 1 pound ground white meat chicken (white meat only, no fat)
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup lime juice, plus 1 lime, zested
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 1 head romaine lettuce, thinly sliced
- 1 mango, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 tomato, cored, cut into 6 to 8 wedges
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 3/4 cup cooked canned, white beans or black beans, (fat free, sugar free) rinsed and drained
- 1 avocado, peeled, seeded and cut into 8 wedges
- 1 (16-ounce) jar sugar free, fat free tomato salsa
- 16 baked taco chips
- 4 pickled jalapenos
In a medium saute pan over medium high heat, cook onions in 1 to 2 tablespoons water until softened and cooked through, about 12 to 15 minutes. Cook covered, stirring once or twice, add more water if necessary to keep onions from burning. Add chicken meat, and cook until crumbly and golden, about 7 to 9 minutes. Add citrus juice, zest, and taco seasoning mix, stir until well combined. Taste and adjust seasonings. Set aside to cool.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.