Tailgate Peel-and-Eat Shrimp with Texas Tequila-Mayo Dip
- 2 pound jumbo shrimp, with shell on
- 2 tablespoon crab boil or cajun spice water to cover shrimp
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 -1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons tequila, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- kosher salt
- freshly ground cracked black pepper
Bring water, crab boil, lemon, celery and liquid smoke to a boil. Simmer for five minutes and add shrimp. Return mixture to a boil and simmer shrimp until opaque, approximately 4-5 minutes. Immediately remove pan from the stove and leave the shrimp in the water for 5 minutes to absorb more flavor. Drain, cool slightly. Make dipping sauce and serve with shrimp.
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk to combine well. Chill if not using immediately.
The sweet fruit in the Zinfandel will harmonize wonderfully with the sweet taste of the shrimp.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.