Take to Work Scrambled Egg Breakfast Burritto
- Salsa Verde:
- 1 (13-ounce) can tomatillos or 6 medium peeled and cored tomatillos, cut into quarters
- 1/4 jalapeno, seeded and cut into several pieces
- 1/2 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/8 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- For the scrambled eggs:
- 2 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- Coarse salt and cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 (6-inch) flour tortillas
For the salsa: Place all ingredients in food processor or blend and pulse until smooth. You may need to thin the sauce to desired consistency with up to 1/4 cup of water. Set aside.
Whisk eggs and egg whites together. Season with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a 10-inch non-stick pan over medium heat. Add eggs. Let cook for 1 minute or just until barely set. Using a heat proof rubber spatula, gently stir in figure 8 motion until eggs are just cooked.
Heat tortillas. Distribute eggs evenly among tortillas. Top with salsa, to taste.