- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 small eggplant, peeled and diced (5 to 6 cups)
- 4 tamarillos, any variety, peeled and diced
- 1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 red, yellow or orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1 clove elephant garlic, minced, or 3 cloves regular garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
Combine the broth, eggplant, tamarillos, mushrooms, bell pepper, garlic, basil, and oregano in a large saucepan or Dutch oven. Bring the mixture to a boil.
Reduce the heat and simmer, partially covered, for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Season to taste.
Serve topped with grated Parmesan.
Recipe courtesy of Karen Caplan
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay