- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, julienned
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 garlic cloves, slivered
- 1/2 jalapeno chile, stemmed, seeded and julienned
- 2 Roma tomatoes, cored, seeded and julienned
- 12 green olives, pitted and julienned
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon cold unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 (6-ounce) slices calves' liver, about 1/2 inch thick
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Saute the onions with the salt until well caramelized, 8 to 10 minutes. Add the garlic and saute 2 to 3 minutes longer to soften.
Add the jalapeno, tomatoes, olives and vinegar. Bring to a boil. Pour in the chicken stock, bring back to a boil and simmer 10 minutes. Break the butter into a few pieces and whisk into the sauce. Remove from the heat.
Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add liver and cook for 3 minutes per side. Then pour in the sauce, bring to a boil and remove from the heat. Serve immediately.