- 6 slices of bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces or 1 (1-inch) wide piece of slab bacon cut into lardons
- 1 onion, cut into small dice
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into small dice
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into small dice
- 8 potatoes, peeled, chopped into small dice and blanched
- Salt and pepper
In a skillet (cast iron if available) cook bacon to render fat. Strain fat from bacon and set aside. Reserve bacon on paper towels. Use 2 tablespoons of bacon drippings to saute onions, garlic and bell peppers until soft. Add potatoes and cook until tender and crispy. Add reserved bacon and season to taste.