- 2 pounds sweet potatoes (4 medium)
- 2 quarts vegetable or peanut oil, for frying
- Spice Blend, recipe follows
Peel potatoes and cut into 1/4-inch matchsticks. Heat oil to 300 degrees F. "Blanch" fries for 2 minutes and let cool. Heat oil to 350 degrees F. Fry for 3 minutes, or until fries are brown and rise to the top. Sprinkle with the spice blend.
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground dried oregano
Toss all the spices together in a large bowl. Store in an airtight container.