Tapenade and Asiago Crostini
- Day-old sourdough baguette
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and halved
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 pound aged Asiago, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Olive Tapenade, store bought
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon thyme leaves
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Slice the baguette into 1/3-inch rounds. Lightly toast in the oven, about 10 minutes. Cool and rub with cut end of garlic clove.
Brush with olive oil. Lightly toast again until oil sizzles. Spread cheese on crostini and heat in oven until cheese bubbles. Remove from oven. Spread with tapenade and sprinkle with a few thyme leaves.
Recipe courtesy of Joel Aiken, Beaulieu Vineyard