- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 large box tempura batter mix
- 3 large bunches asparagus, tough ends trimmed off
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup mirin
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
Pour 1-inch vegetable oil into a large, deep skillet. Place over medium-high heat and heat to 350 degrees F.
This recipe was created by a contestant during a cooking competition. The Food Network Kitchens have not tested it for home use, therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of Lou Diamond Phillips