Tequila Chicken Quesadillas
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, julienned
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 dashes cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 green bell pepper, julienned
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 ounce tequila
- 8 ounces Colby Jack cheese, Monterey Jack, or Cheddar, shredded
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons sliced scallions
- All-purpose soy flour flat bread (makes 2, but only use 1 for this quesadilla recipe):
- 1 1/2 cups soy flour
- 1/4 cup sugar substitute (recommended: Splenda)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup club soda
- Non-stick vegetable oil cooking spray
- Special Equipment: 2 (12-inch) round aluminum pizza pans
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Make the soy flour flat bread: In a medium bowl, whisk together the soy flour, sugar substitute, salt, eggs, heavy cream, and club soda to make a smooth, thick, pancake-like batter. Spray pizza pans generously with the vegetable oil spray. Using a rubber spatula, spread the batter as thinly and evenly as possible over the 2 pans. Bake for about 12 to 15 minutes, or until lightly golden brown and firm to touch.
In a large saute pan or wok, heat oil over high heat. Season the chicken with salt, pepper, cayenne, cumin, and garlic, and add to the hot oil. Next add the peppers and onions, and remove pan from the heat and add tequila. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until chicken is cooked thoroughly. Keep warm.
Cut 1 flat bread into 4 pieces. On 2 pieces, layer cheese, cooked chicken mixture, and more cheese, and cover with the other 2 pieces. (Wrap the other flatbread and freeze for another use).
Lastly, melt butter until very hot in a saute pan over medium-high heat. Add quesadillas and cook for about 2 minutes on each side until toasty and the cheese is melted. Cut quesadillas into 3 pieces each and serve. Garnish with cilantro and scallions, and serve with salsa picante, guacamole, and sour cream, if desired.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Chicken and Mixed Vegetable Quesadillas with Artichokes, Mushrooms, and Roasted Red Peppers, Gordon and Gary's Pesto Chicken Quesadillas, Tequila Lemon Chicken Breast, Teriyaki Chicken Recipes, Baked Ham Recipes, Orange Chicken Recipes, Asian Appetizer Recipes, Cheese Dip Recipes, Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipes