- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 12 ounces spinach, stemmed, washed and torn
- 1/2 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1/2 mango, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cider or sugar cane vinegar
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 12 large shrimp, peeled and deveined (about 12 ounces)
- 3 ounces tequila, plus more to taste
For the gastrique: In a small saucepan, combine sugar, vinegar, red pepper flakes and jalapeno. Bring to a boil and simmer until reduced and thickened to a sauce consistency. Set aside.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Add shrimp and cook until they just begin to turn pink, about 1 minute. Remove pan from heat, add tequila and return pan to heat. Carefully ignite tequila and let the flames die down.
Add 1/2 cup of the gastrique and cook, stirring, until shrimp are glazed with the sauce and cooked through, about 1 to 2 minutes. Remove pan from heat, whisk in remaining 2 tablespoons butter in pieces until sauce is thick and smooth.
Serve shrimp on salad, drizzle with sauce.
* Guest Recipe
A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens have not tested this recipe and therefore cannot make representation as to the results.