Tequila Laced Gazpacho Cocktails with Grilled Shrimp
- For the Gazpacho:
- 4 large tomatoes, chopped
- 4 cucumbers, peeled and chopped
- 1 red onion, peeled and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 fennel bulb, chopped
- 1 cup picked Italian parsley
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin oil
- For the Shrimp:
- 4 jumbo (U-10) shrimp, cleaned, de-veined
- 1 tablespoon zatar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 shot of the finest tequila available
- Lime slices, for garnish
Combine the gazpacho ingredients, except the olive oil, in a blender and puree until smooth. Top with a little extra virgin oil.
Toss the shrimp with the herbs, seeds, and oil. Grill 3 to 4 minutes on each side until cooked.
In a chilled glass, top each gazpacho with a light drizzle of tequila and the rim of the glass with 1 grilled shrimp and a slice of lime.