Tequila Spiked Watermelon Soup
- TEQUILA SYRUP:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup triple sec
- TRIPLE SEC WHIPPED CREAM:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons watermelon juice
- 2 tablespoons triple sec
- 3 cups watermelon, seeded and diced
- 2 1/2 cups melon puree (approximately 3 cups watermelons, seeded, diced, pureed, and strained until smooth)
- 1 1/2 cups tequila syrup
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 1/4 cup melon juice
- 2 limes, juiced
- 4 tablespoons melon (red and yellow), diced, for garnish
- 1 tablespoon triple sec
- Zest of 1 lime blanched in tequila syrup
Make tequila syrup: Combine all syrup ingredients. Place on medium heat until sugar dissolves. Chill until cold.
Make soup: In a food processor place 3 cups of watermelon. Pour out excess juice and reserve. Puree watermelon until smooth. In a bowl combine the melon puree, the reserved juice, 1 1/2 cups tequila syrup, 1/4 cup tequila, juice of two limes and chill. In another small bowl combine 4 tablespoons diced melons for garnish, 1 tablespoon triple sec, and lime zest and chill. To serve, place whipped cream garnish in the bottom of a Kosher salt-rimmed bowl or glass. Pour 6 ounces of soup into the bowl or glass. Garnish with 1 tablespoon of the diced melons and sprinkle with salt.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.