Teriyaki Sesame Chicken Skewers
- 30 (8-inch) bamboo skewers
- 15 ounces teriyaki sauce (no more than 2 grams sugar per serving)
- 6 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon sugar substitute (recommended: Splenda)
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 cantaloupe half filled with melon balls, optional
Soak bamboo skewers in water for 1 hour to keep from burning later.
Mix all marinade ingredients together in a non-reactive container large enough to hold all of the chicken. Cut chicken into 1/2-inch strips and submerge them in the marinade, cover, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Thread 1 chicken strip on each skewer towards end of the stick, and line up on a sheet pan. Place in oven and bake for about 30 minutes, or until fully cooked through. Sprinkle with sesame seeds before serving. Serve by sticking skewers straight out of the side of a cantaloupe half filled with melon balls, if desired.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.