- 1 medium zucchini
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 pound ground turkey (94% lean)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 slices Monterey jack cheese
- 4 burger buns, split and toasted
- 1 cup chunky salsa
1. Place a box grater on 2 sheets of paper towels. Grate the zucchini on the large holes of the grater. Roll in the paper towels to squeeze out as much liquid as possible. Transfer to a large bowl and mix in the scallions, turkey, egg, chili powder, and salt until well combined. Form into 4 burger patties the same diameter as your buns.
2. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the burgers and cook until browned on the bottoms, about 7 minutes. Carefully flip and cook until cooked through, about 8 minutes. Place a slice of cheese on top of each burger, then transfer to the bottom buns. Top with the salsa and the top burger buns.
3. Once the stovetop is cool, wipe up any oil splatters or meat juices that may have spilled on the counter with Clorox® Disinfecting Wipes*. Rinse hands once complete.
*Use as directed. For surfaces that may come in contact with food, a potable water rinse is required.