Texas Pesto Shrimp Over Rice
- 1 1/2 pounds unpeeled, large fresh shrimp
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 3 green onions, cut in 1/3-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1/2 small jalapeno pepper, unseeded
- 1/2 medium tomato
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- Hot cooked rice
Peel shrimp; devein, if desired. Set aside.
Saute shrimp in remaining 1 tablespoon hot olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 3 to 4 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Pour cilantro mixture over shrimp, stirring well. Serve shrimp mixture over hot cooked rice.
"The recipes for this program, which were provided by contributors and guests who may not be professional chefs, have not been tested in the Food Network's kitchens. They have been tested in the Southern Living Test Kitchens. All brand names have been removed from these recipes, which originally appeared on southernlivingcookoff.com."
Recipe courtesy of Lynne Milliron, Austin, Texas