Thai Chicken Salad
- 2 pounds boneless chicken breast
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 stalks lemongrass, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons Thai chili powder
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 2 red onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped Thai basil leaves or regular fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 head romaine lettuce, washed and chopped* see note
Place chicken breast into a 2 quart saucepan with water (the water should cover the chicken breasts), the kosher salt and half of the lemongrass. Bring to a boil and lower to a simmer for 20 minutes. Remove chicken and cool completely. When cooled chop into 1/2 inch cubes and reserve in refrigerator.
Saute garlic, remaining lemongrass and chili powder in oil for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and cool completely. Next, toss together the celery, onions, mint, basil and cilantro. Combine chicken with sauteed garlic mixture and the salad components, Add salt, lime juice and honey to taste and place on the lettuce to serve.
Note: If you want to make lettuce rolls, then leave a few leaves whole and remove the stiff vein from the lower portion of the leaves. Roll chicken salad up in lettuce leaves for a delicious salad wrap.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Thai Chicken Salad with Peanuts and Lime, Saffron Chicken, Boiled Lemon and Green Bean Salad, Kicked Up BLT Chicken Salads with Blue Cheese, Potato Salad Recipes, Asian Salad Recipes, Oven Fried Chicken Recipes, Garlic Chicken Recipes, Beef Wellington Recipes, Jerk Chicken Recipes