Thai Pumpkin Soup
- 3 cups coconut water
- 3 .5 ounces (100 grams) coconut meat
- 10 .5 ounces (300 grams) sugar pie pumpkin, seeded and cubed into 1-inch squares
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 black peppercorns, plus additional freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Pinch chopped garlic (partial clove with center removed)
- 3/4 teaspoon red curry paste, or more to taste
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1 recipe Marinated Portobello Mushrooms, recipe follows
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Marinated Portobello Mushrooms:
- 1 tablespoon shoyu (Japanese soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 portobello mushroom, gills removed, cut into small dice
Blend all soup ingredients together in a high-speed blender, in batches if needed. Blend until the pumpkin is completely pureed and the soup has a silky texture.
To serve, pour soup into warm soup bowls. Place 2 teaspoons of marinated portobellos in the middle of each bowl. Decorate each soup with coconut cream, cilantro, and scallion slices.Marinated Portobello Mushrooms:
Combine the shoyu, olive oil, water, and ginger in a small bowl. Add the mushrooms and marinate at room temperature for at least 30 minutes. Drain mushrooms and use as directed.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.