Thai Sausage Soup
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1/2 pound Thai Chicken and Turkey Sausage, removed from casings
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 6 bamboo shoots, diced
- 10 medium-sized fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup coconut milk or condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions or scallions, white and green parts
- Cilantro leaves
Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the sausage and stir-fry for 3 minutes, breaking it up as it cooks. Add the onion and celery and stir-fry for 5 more minutes. Add the chicken stock, bring to a boil, decrease the heat, and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the bamboo shoots, mushrooms, and coconut milk. Simmer for 2 more minutes. Add the lime juice and taste for salt and pepper. Serve garnished with green onions and cilantro leaves.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.